[net.lang.ada] From our "For what it's worth department"

karl%grebyn.COM@vrdxhq.UUCP (Karl A. Nyberg) (07/09/86)

(with apologies to Paul Harvey...)

The example that Peter Pearson sent about allowing entry names to be
"withed" as a formal procedure in a generic package compiles and executes
with Verdix Ada on the Vax as well (I have VADS 5.1b, and Ultrix-32m 1.1).

Looks like we have two votes for its legality.

	"... and now you know the rest of the story."

-- Karl --

with disclaimer;	-- I own stock in Verdix

lwall@sdcrdcf.UUCP (07/16/86)

In article <8607090053.AA07573@grebyn.COM> Karl A. Nyberg writes:
>The example that Peter Pearson sent about allowing entry names to be
>"withed" as a formal procedure in a generic package compiles and executes
>with Verdix Ada on the Vax as well (I have VADS 5.1b, and Ultrix-32m 1.1).
>
>Looks like we have two votes for its legality.

In this case it doesn't matter how you vote--the manual rather autocratically
has decreed it to be legal in section 12.3.6(1).  No democracy here.

Those of us who read manuals for a living wish to express our gratitude to
those of you who don't.

Larry Wall, President Gurus Local #1273.
sdcrdcf!lwall