[net.rec.ski] HANSON LINERS

raf@rayssd.UUCP (12/21/84)

After a considerable amount of use and years of service, my the neoprene
liners of my Hanson boots have disintegrated beyond repair.  Does anyone
know if replacement liners are available, and if so where and at what cost ?
Please don't recomend wet suit glue, they're beyond that.
                                Thanks in advance.

	RON FRANKLIN
	Raytheon Co.; Portsmouth RI; (401)-847-8000 x3974
	...!decvax!brunix!rayssd!raf
	...!allegra!rayssd!raf
	...!linus!rayssd!raf
p.s. any redfaced HANSON reps on the net that can help me out ?

--

marcum@rhino.UUCP (Alan M. Marcum) (12/26/84)

In article <rayssd.619> raf@rayssd.UUCP writes:

>...[The] liners of my Hanson boots have disintegrated....  Does anyone
>know if replacement liners are available...?

The liner in one of my Hanson Citations died last year (year
before?).  I was able to get a replacement (at a shop called Ski
Any Mountain in the Bay Area).  They had to special-order it; it
took a few weeks to arrive, and cost something like $50 or $60,
if I remember correctly.
--
Alan M. Marcum		Fortune Systems, Redwood City, California
...!{ihnp4, ucbvax!amd, hpda, sri-unix, harpo}!fortune!rhino!marcum

paul@wjvax.UUCP (Paul Summers) (01/02/85)

>After a considerable amount of use and years of service, my the neoprene
>liners of my Hanson boots have disintegrated beyond repair.  Does anyone
>know if replacement liners are available, and if so where and at what cost ?
>Please don't recomend wet suit glue, they're beyond that.
>				Thanks in advance.

>	RON FRANKLIN
>p.s. any redfaced HANSON reps on the net that can help me out ?

I had the same problem.  After learning that the replacements would cost
$90+ (ridiculous, since they were used liners of approximately the same
age as the desintegrating ones), I tossed the venerable Avanti's (not without
a few tears) and replaced them with a pair of Lange ZS's (thermo fit), which
I thoroughly enjoyed the first time last week at Heavenly.

I'm actually rather astounded that the liners cost so much, and that they
don't hold up better than they do.  Anyone know if Hanson has addressed
this 'problem'?

--

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>

Paul Summers
Watkins Johnson, Co.
2525 N. First St.
San Jose, Ca.  95131-1097

(408) 262-1411 x3203

(...wjvax!paul)

Working is fine, but I wouldn't want to make a career out of it.

alanj@orca.UUCP (Alan Jeddeloh) (01/03/85)

About four years ago the liners of my five year old Hansons also rotted out.
The response from the ski shop was "Yep, they do that."  I held them together
for two ski days with duct tape, then went out and bought a pair of Solomon
SX-90E's.  The best thing about the Hanson's is that they died quickly and
forced me into something better. :-).

	Alan Jeddeloh
	Engineering Computer Systems
	Tektronix, Inc.
	Box 1000
	Wilsonville, OR 97070
	tektronix!alanj@tekecs

ken@turtlevax.UUCP (Ken Turkowski) (01/05/85)

In article <619@rayssd.UUCP> raf@rayssd.UUCP writes:

>After a considerable amount of use and years of service, my the neoprene
>liners of my Hanson boots have disintegrated beyond repair.  Does anyone
>know if replacement liners are available, and if so where and at what cost ?
>Please don't recomend wet suit glue, they're beyond that.

My liners turned to dust a few years ago.  The price was $50 or so,
close to the $70 price I paid for them rented for a year, and I needed
them in a few days whereas the wait was a couple of months, so I opted
for some brand-new Soloman's instead.
--
Ken Turkowski @ CADLINC, Menlo Park, CA
UUCP: {amd,decwrl,nsc,spar}!turtlevax!ken