[net.rec.ski] SNOW???

dkw@homxa.UUCP (D.WOMBOUGH) (08/05/85)

Is there Snow in the U.S. Yet????

paul@helens.UUCP (Paul Brownlow @ Data I/O -- Redmond, WA) (08/08/85)

> Is there Snow in the U.S. Yet????

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall being told that you
can ski year 'round on a glacier at Mt. Hood, Oregon.  Chair lifts
and everything.  So yes, there *is* snow in the U.S.

paul
--
...."You're never alone with a schizophrenic."

jimn@cornell.UUCP (Jim Nesheim) (08/09/85)

In article <1078@homxa.UUCP> dkw@homxa.UUCP (D.WOMBOUGH) writes:
>Is there Snow in the U.S. Yet????

	Yes!  I heard on the Today show this morning that it snowed
somewhere in Idaho.

woods@hao.UUCP (Greg Woods) (08/16/85)

> In article <1078@homxa.UUCP> dkw@homxa.UUCP (D.WOMBOUGH) writes:
> >Is there Snow in the U.S. Yet????

  Trail Ridge Road in Rocky Mountain National Park (the highest *continuous*
auto road in the world) was closed last week because of blowing snow.

--Greg

devine@asgb.UUCP (Robert J. Devine) (08/16/85)

> In article <1078@homxa.UUCP> dkw@homxa.UUCP (D.WOMBOUGH) writes:
> >Is there Snow in the U.S. Yet????
>
> 	Yes!  I heard on the Today show this morning that it snowed
> somewhere in Idaho.

  This past week Breckinridge (in Summit county) received an inch
of snow!  Time to sharpen those edges....

Bob Devine