[net.rec.ski] Crowds in Colorado/Tahoe/Utah around Christmas?

cher@ihlpm.UUCP (cherepov) (09/13/85)

--
I am exploring the possibility of skiing in Colorado or
Tahoe area around Christmas time.

How true is it? My experiences are limited to Jackson hole
(10 min lines at worst). But Wyoming is not very easily
accessible. Also how is Utah in that respect?
Mail or post, whatever appropriate.
				Mike Cherepov

rosen@ucbvax.ARPA (Rob Rosen) (09/27/85)

In article <482@ihlpm.UUCP> cher@ihlpm.UUCP (cherepov) writes:

>--
>I am exploring the possibility of skiing in Colorado or
>Tahoe area around Christmas time.
>However there are reports of dreadful overcrowding (1/2 hour + lines).
>
>How true is it? My experiences are limited to Jackson hole
>(10 min lines at worst). But Wyoming is not very easily
>accessible. Also how is Utah in that respect?
>Mail or post, whatever appropriate.
>				Mike Cherepov

    I can pretty much guarantee you massive crowds in Tahoe.  It seems to
get worse every year -- by "massive", I mean 45 minute waits.  If you are
a good skier, you can tackle the harder runs, which generally don't have
lines that are quite as long (notable exception: KT-22 and Red Dog @Squaw).
Personally I am blowing all my ski money on one week of Aspen right after
the high season ends (~ Jan 6).

--good luck

--

		       --Rob Rosen