[net.rec.ski] Snowballs towards Oregon

tomp@amiga.UUCP (Tom Pohorsky) (03/20/86)

In article <5999@tekecs.UUCP> jans@tekecs.UUCP (Slarty Bartfarst) writes:

>C'mon, Eugene!  Surely you know the derivation of the term "Portland Cement"?
>That's just another weekend of skiing in the Northwest!  Like I used to say
>back home, "Them ain't antiques, them's funriture!"  (By the way, wanna buy
>some MaxiGlide stock?)
>
>We'll see who laughs last when we're still telemarking in August!

Well, it was more fun than funny telemarking Mt Dana (Yosemite, ya know,
like in California (even spelled longhand for spite:-)) last August.
So what if the sun cups were DD with strech marks :-(

We'll see who laughs last when we're skiing in the morning and skinny-
dipping at the beach the same afternoon.

Ya, and, uh well, uh how's the moss on your sunroof doing ?? (and other
mindless anti-Northwest epithets).

Sorry, I'll be nicer tomorrow, or so the world hopes.

jimb@tekcbi.UUCP (Jim Boland) (03/21/86)

In article <881@amiga.amiga.UUCP>, tomp@amiga.UUCP writes:

> We'll see who laughs last when we're skiing in the morning and skinny-
> dipping at the beach the same afternoon.

I don't know where you get your information.  But here in rainy (???)
northwest, we can do that here, too.  A little hard in winter maybe |-)
but after all, I went snow skiing on the mountain on March 1 (3 weeks ago)
and then went water skiing on March 2 in the Columbia River.
However, around Portland, we can go snow skiing all year, including summer
at Timberline on the Palmer chair.  You are at about 8500' and they have
snow all year.  In July and August, we can (and do) go snow skiing in the
morning until about 1:30 and then we are on the lake and waterskiing in
less than an hour until the sun goes down @9:30PM.

In fact, we have spent the night at the lake, Started waterskiing at
daybreak (appx 5:00) until about 7:00 (enough runs through the course
for a warmup) gone up to the mountain to start snow skiing by 8:30 -
9:00 and then been back on the lake by 2:30-3:00 to finish the day on
the water.  And as far as skinny dipping is concerned, heck you can do
that anywhere.  On the lake, river beaches, ocean beaches, etc.
Also, the beauty of the ski trips is that there is no traffic to fight
going between the areas.  And all this within 1-2 hours of the city
of Portland.

> Ya, and, uh well, uh how's the moss on your sunroof doing ??
It went away with the moss treatment we apply frequently |-)