[net.lang.c] dis

fnf@unisoft.UUCP (07/10/85)

In article <2391@sun.uucp> guy@sun.uucp (Guy Harris) writes:
>> AT&T compilers these days all come with a tool, call "dis", for
>> disassembler. that look at object files and tell you exactly what
>> instructions are in them.
>
>Well, some AT&T compilers, anyway - the S5R2 documentation describes DIS(1)
>as "3B20 only".

Dis(1) is a standard part of our S5R2 unix port (UniPlus).  It is
from the generic 68000 microport done by Motorola Microsystems.
Thus most system V ports based on the generic 68000 port should contain
the new SGS (Software Generation System) based C compiler and the
disassembler.  By the way, the output of dis is *NOT* suitable as
input to the assembler (sigh).

-Fred

Fred Fish    UniSoft Systems Inc, 739 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA  94710  USA
{ucbvax,decvax}!unisoft!fnf	(415) 644 1230 		TWX 11 910 366-2145