[net.lang.c] C++ Translator

gdw@asgb.UUCP (02/04/86)

    Does anyone know of a C++ Translator that runs on a Sun or an Apollo
workstation?

Gary Walker
seismo!hao!asgb!gollem!gdw
(303)-530-6754

jes@ulysses.UUCP (Jonathan Shopiro) (02/05/86)

>     Does anyone know of a C++ Translator that runs on a Sun or an Apollo
> workstation?
>
> Gary Walker
> seismo!hao!asgb!gollem!gdw
> (303)-530-6754

You don't have to find _a_ C++ translator, you can use _the_ C++ translator.
It helps to have a VAX or 3B handy to do the initial loading, although you
can do without if you're willing to spend some time editing the intermediate
files.

		-- Jonathan Shopiro
		   AT&T - Bell Labotatories
		   600 Mountain Avenue
		   Murray Hill, NJ  07974
		   allegra!ulysses!jes
		   (201) 582-4179
--

		-- Jonathan Shopiro
		   AT&T Bell Laboratories

In article <847@asgb.UUCP> gdw@asgb.UUCP (Gary Walker) writes:

>    Does anyone know of a C++ Translator that runs on a Sun or an Apollo
>workstation?

	Or how about one that runs under MS-Dos? Or failing that could
someone mail me a C++ program and the corresponding Translator
output(that is the ordinary C produced by the preprocessor)? If I had
a good example of how it implements some of the more advanced features
I would *write* my own C++ Translator!
	If I do I will try and make it portable and make it available
to others.
--

				Sarima (Stanley Friesen)

ARPA: ttidca!psivax!friesen@rand-unix.arpa