	From: Greg Burns <gdburns@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu>
	Newsgroups: net.lang.c
	Subject: C compiler for Transputer
	Date: 7 Mar 86 16:40:26 GMT

	Has anybody considered the possibility of a C compiler for the
	INMOS transputer?

Far out! Remember the Star Trek `Halloween' episode? The `Transputer'
was a magic wand which changed these alien creatures looking somewhat
like ginger roots into human form. Small world, huh?

phillips@cisden.UUCP (Tom Phillips) (03/18/86)

In article <1708@brl-smoke.ARPA> rbj%icst-cmr@smoke.UUCP writes:
>	Has anybody considered the possibility of a C compiler for the
>	INMOS transputer?
>Far out! Remember the Star Trek `Halloween' episode? The `Transputer'
>was a magic wand which changed these alien creatures looking somewhat
>like ginger roots into human form. Small world, huh?
Wrong.  Transmuter.  A little Latin will tell you that means something like
"Across Shape"r.  Shape changer.
--
						Tommy Phillips
The Gibbelins eat, as is well known, nothing less good than Man.