[net.lang.c] wanted: sprintf for apollo DOMAIN BSD4.2/IX

hansen@mips.UUCP (Craig Hansen) (03/19/86)

Can anyone supply C source for a version of sprintf
that runs under Domain/IX (BSD4.2)?  I need to write
functions like it (for printing error messages and so forth),
and bsd4.2/ix stdio.h is different from stdio.h for
both VAX and Sun, in that the _flag field has different values.

Or, to ask another way, does anyone know what to replace _IOSTRNG
with to port sprintf-like functions from VAX 4.2 to Apollo "4.2"?

Craig Hansen                     |   "Evathun tastes
MIPS Computer Systems            |    bettah when it
...decwrl!glacier!mips!hansen    |    sits on a RISC"

In article <407@mips.UUCP> hansen@mips.UUCP (Craig Hansen) writes:
>Can anyone supply C source for a version of sprintf
>that runs under Domain/IX (BSD4.2)?  I need to write
>functions like it (for printing error messages and so forth),
>and bsd4.2/ix stdio.h is different from stdio.h for
>both VAX and Sun, in that the _flag field has different values.
>
>Or, to ask another way, does anyone know what to replace _IOSTRNG
>with to port sprintf-like functions from VAX 4.2 to Apollo "4.2"?

If you don't have _IOSTRNG, the chances are good that you have a
UNIX System V implementation, in which case look for the vprintf(3S)
family of routines in your manual.  They can be used to perform
most tasks like those you seem interested in.  If you rely on the
specifics of the stdio data structures, your code will not be
portable.