[net.lang.c] Additions to C - Entry

rb@ccird1.UUCP (Rex Ballard) (06/07/86)

In article <697@bu-cs.UUCP> bzs@bu-cs.UUCP (Barry Shein) writes:

>Re: cpp as a separate pass/program
>
>I wonder out loud how hard it would be to turn CPP into a subroutine,
>change its main() to cpp_main() and set up the call in the main() of ccom,
>and of course figure out a way to get cc to understand that (probably could
>just pass the arg list as a single quoted string and break it up in ccom?)

What I would like is some provision for the C compiler to key on
the name of the output program as an alternate entry point.  In
other words, given a frequently used "shell script" that seems
painfully slow, be able to "link" to the executable using a different
C "mainline".  Alternatively, it could key on the first "entry"
lable found.

In this case, the problem is more legal than technical, but
isn't really that ambiuous.