[net.lang.c] RT-11 C

Ad0r@cmu-cc-te.ARPA (Uli Jon Roth) (08/08/86)

I'd like to know if anyone knows of a C compiler for RT-11 that
*doesn't* assume floating point hardware.  I may be getting a pdp-11/04,
and I'd like a compiler.  The DECUS catalog doesn't seem to say whether or
not all of the implementations *need* fp hardware.

replies to ad0r@tb.cc.cmu.edu, ..!pitt!darth!plooba!cthulhu, or r749ad0r@cmccvc
would be greatly appreciated.

-------

cdl@mplvax.nosc.MIL (Carl Lowenstein) (08/11/86)

In article <2883@brl-smoke.ARPA> Ad0r@cmu-cc-te.ARPA (Uli Jon Roth) writes:

>I'd like to know if anyone knows of a C compiler for RT-11 that
>*doesn't* assume floating point hardware.  I may be getting a pdp-11/04,
>and I'd like a compiler.  The DECUS catalog doesn't seem to say whether or
>not all of the implementations *need* fp hardware.

The Decus C compiler does not use floating point hardware.  Of course,
if you expect to do floating-point computations, you have another problem.
But it will emit all the integer code you want, and will make FPU code
whether or not you have the hardware to run it on.

--
	carl lowenstein		marine physical lab	u.c. san diego
	{ihnp4|decvax|akgua|dcdwest|ucbvax}	!sdcsvax!mplvax!cdl