[net.lang.c] What are some style standards? How do I get Indian Hill Style Sheet?

steiny@scc.UUCP (Don Steiny) (10/05/86)

**

	I have having more people work for me on ever large software
projects.    I have always been non-judgemental about style figuring
that if it works, who am I to say what is right or wrong?   As nice
as it sounds, there are practical considerations like portability,
maintainability, and enhanceabilty that creep up and bit me since
I have made no rules.

	In a few months I will be starting my biggest project yet
involving four or more people for several months.    Before we
get started I want to make LAWS.    I want to switch from anarchy
to totalitarianism, as it were.   I plan to develop my own
guidelines, but I am looking to find other style manuals.

	I recall the Indian Hill Style Sheet (or something like that)
several years ago.     Would someone send me that?    Does anyone
have any ideas about other guidelines that would be helpful?

--
scc!steiny
Don Steiny @ Don Steiny Software

len@geac.UUCP (Leonard Vanek) (10/08/86)

In article <754@scc.UUCP> steiny@scc.UUCP (Don Steiny) writes:

>              there are practical considerations like portability,
>maintainability, and enhanceabilty that creep up and bit me since
>I have made no rules.
>
>                I am looking to find other style manuals.

Try "C Programming Guidelines" by Thomas Plum. It is published by
Plum Hall, 1 Spruce Ave., Cardiff NJ 08232, phone (609) 927-3770.
It is an excellent set of guidelines for both portability and
readability.

LV
Leonard Vanek                       phone (416) 475-0525
Geac Computers International
350 Steelcase Rd. West              USENET ... !utzoo!yetti!geac!len
Markham Ontario L3R 1B3
Canada

Note: My Usenet path is subject to change on short notice!