[net.games.video] old pinball games

li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao) (05/09/85)

hi guys,
i've been playing the ole silver ball a long time
however, i never quite could tell the diff between
the manufactures.
but here's an olddie but goodie for you peoples
"Aquarius" found only at Lake Tahoe's south shore
in the late 60's early 70's.  easier than Bow and Arrow
why ?
dual spinner multipliers, collect bonus ramps on the left
just like Bow and Arrow *only*  everybody *always* matched!!
beat that!
of course for more of a challenge, try Space Mission,  the
beginning of the horseshoes.  forefather of Space Invaders
and Silverball.  ah the good old days, when games had 5 balls
per quarter. where did they go?
dragon-pup

cs2532aa@unm-cvax.UUCP (05/11/85)

In article <> li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao) writes:

>. . .   ah the good old days, when games had 5 balls
>per quarter. where did they go?
>dragon-pup

Hooray, the good old days are returning . . . the one good mall arcade that
survived the shakeout has installed 6 pins (Hercules, Space Shuttle, Black
Knight, Eight-Ball Deluxe, Alien Star, Flash), all but Hercules at five balls
per quarter.  Who says pinball is dead?

(And the machines are ALWAYS busy . . . I have a feeling that there will be
even more installed soon.)

		.rne.

jenkin@utai.UUCP (Michael Jenkin) (05/15/85)

In article <1448@sdcc7.UUCP> li63sfh@sdcc7.UUCP (Philip Kao) writes:
>ah the good old days, when games had 5 balls
>per quarter. where did they go?

There must be a wharehouse somewhere full of tiny silver balls....

--
Michael Jenkin					University of Toronto
USENET:	{decvax,ihnp4,allegra}!utcsri!utai!jenkin

robert@gitpyr.UUCP (Robert Viduya) (05/21/85)

> ah the good old days, when games had 5 balls
> per quarter. where did they go?

I don't know about you guys, but here at the Tech student center, we get
5 balls per quarter.  Unfortunately, we have at max only 3 pinball games
on site at once (they keep swapping them in and out).  Right now, we only
have two, 8 Ball Deluxe (relatively old and beaten up, but still a challenge
to play) and another one called Wizards something-or-other (its got a whole
bunch of nasty looking wizards and dragons all over it).  The second one
is fairly new, but I haven't had much play time on it as the flippers
rarely work.  Bummer.

				robert
--
Robert Viduya
Georgia Institute of Technology

...!{akgua,allegra,amd,hplabs,ihnp4,masscomp,ut-ngp}!gatech!gitpyr!robert
...!{rlgvax,sb1,uf-cgrl,unmvax,ut-sally}!gatech!gitpyr!robert

zarth@drutx.UUCP (CovartDL) (05/22/85)

At the Northglenn Mall here in Northglenn,CO there are five pinball machines.
All of them have five balls for a quarter. They are:
    Laserball, Flash(one of my favorites), GorGar, Blacknight, and Pharoh

					- Zarth Arn

myers@uwmacc.UUCP (Latitudinarian Lobster) (06/07/85)

>     Laserball, Flash(one of my favorites), GorGar, Blacknight, and Pharoh
>
> 					- Zarth Arn

The finest machine of all time is *Firepower*, a multiple-ball-at-once
game which is real fast and challenging.  Haven't seen one for a while, tho.

LL

rls@ihu1g.UUCP (r.l. schieve) (06/10/85)

> The finest machine of all time is *Firepower*, a multiple-ball-at-once
> game which is real fast and challenging.  Haven't seen one for a while, tho.
>
> LL

The reason you don't see them is that they were a nightmare to keep
working.  Several arcade owners that I have talked to say they were
a losing proposition due to the cost of keeping them working.

				Rick Schieve

arnold@ucsfcgl.UUCP (Ken Arnold%CGL) (06/12/85)

All this discussion of old pinball games has awakened an old promise I
made to myself, which was that when I grew up and became something
besides a student (not to mention having room) I would start buying and
rebuilding pinball machines.  I'm only lacking the space, and that will
probably come soon.  So, I am now looking for pointers on doing this
kind of thing, especially literature and useful hints (like the kinds
of tools needed).  Please mail me responses, and I will summarize if
there is enough interest.

		Ken Arnold