[net.games.video] Theme song for video game Spy Hunter

ma3166ay@unmc.UUCP (L.A. Electronics) (02/21/86)

In article <> glennr@rruxo.UUCP (G. Robitaille) writes:
>I have a question for anyone out there familiar with the video game
>Spy Hunter.  The song played throughout the video game (pardon the poor
>sentance structure), what is it's name and who did it.  I think It was
>an ELP (Emerson Lake & Palmer) song, but I'm not sure.  I believe it was
>also used in the Blues Brothers Movie (But I am not sure) and I know a few
>groups recorded it.
>
>Glenn H Robitaille

The background music in "Spy Hunter" is the theme from the old "Peter Gunn"
TV show.  In the years since the show was on the air it has been covered and
re-covered by an incredible number of artists, and deservedly so, I think it's
one of the greatest TV themes of all times.  (They thought so back then, too,
until Jan Hammer's theme from "Miami Vice" hit #1, "Theme from Peter Gunn" was
the ONLY TV show theme to reach the top of the record charts.)

Now . . . in a related question . . . I was led to believe a while ago that
the background music for the game "Gyruss" was actually taken from a work by
Bach, as arranged by the Australian group Sky.  Confirmation of this would be
appreciated, as would pointers to Sky on CD, if such a thing exists.

.rne.

-----
Ernie Longmire    {{ purdue cmcl2 ihnp4 } !lanl ucbvax } !unmvax!unmc!ma3166ay
-----
"I'm looking for my pipe bomb...I left it here a while ago and now it's gone."

grady@cad.UUCP (Steven Grady) (02/24/86)

>The background music in "Spy Hunter" is the theme from the old "Peter Gunn"
>TV show.

by Henry Mancini, by the way.

	Steven
	...!ucbvax!grady
	grady@ingres.berkeley.ucb

agjenkin@kcl-cs.UUCP (znac264) (03/03/86)

Add another version to you list!

Art of Noise (that well known group of electronic loons( produced by Trevor
Horn)) have released another cover version of Peter Gunn (& if AON follow
true to form they will relase umpteen versions of it)

ins_aset@jhunix.UUCP (Susanne E Trowbridge) (03/05/86)

> Add another version to you list!
>
> Art of Noise (that well known group of electronic loons( produced by Trevor
> Horn)) have released another cover version of Peter Gunn (& if AON follow
> true to form they will relase umpteen versions of it)

Art of Noise is no longer produced by Trevor Horn, and they aren't
affiliated with Zang Tumb Tuum records.  (Or is it Zang Tuum Tumb?)
I always thought the Art of Noise WAS Trevor Horn, but the real
members just like to keep a low profile, and they now claim that
he didn't have as much to do with their music as everyone thought.

I have a feeling that Trevor was behind the zillions of remixes
(especially Beatbox and Moments in Love...aargh!).  I mean, just
about every ZTT artist, except maybe Anne Pigalle and Roy Orbison,
gets five or six remixes of their every single.  Most are ripoffs.
The Propaganda remix EP, "Wishful Thinking," is a must to avoid,
for instance.
--

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
Sue Trowbridge

"Anger is an energy" - J. Lydon

bitnet: ins_aset@jhunix.BITNET
arpa  : ins_aset%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.WISC.EDU
uucp  : ...{ihnp4!whuxcc | seismo!umcp-cs | allegra!hopkins} jhunix!ins_aset
	OR ...decvax!decuac!aplvax!aplcen!jhunix!ins_aset

kucharsk@puff.UUCP (William Kucharski) (03/06/86)

If you listen to their last release ("Legs"), it seems that since they lost
Trevor, they haven't been quite themselves.  Trevor may or may not have had
"that much to do with the group," but he's what got me interested, and most
likely, the key to the success between the 10E+99 versions of BeatBox, Moments
In Love and Close (to the Edit).  They just haven't been the same since.  MY
one big AON wish is to see "(Who's Afraid Of) The Art Of Noise!" on CD.  I'm
sure it would sound magnificent, and Trevor & ZTT (Zang Tumb Tumb) did a super
job with "Welcome to the Pleasuredome."  [Unfortunately, Island records, their
distributor, has decided to start using the same non-jewel box as the Mannheim
Steamroller Christmas CD had...]

			William Kucharski
			University of Wisconsin - Madison

{Huh?  Oh no, no, not again...bah bah...}