[net.games.video] jet combat simulator for Commodore 64

sauder@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Jeff Sauder) (05/15/86)

I recently got a game for my Commodore 64 from a friend but I
received no documentation on how to play the game.  I am looking
for information on specific commands to control the airplane.

I think the name of the game is Jet Combat Simulator, although it
is also very possible that I could be wrong.  When the game is
booted, a menu is placed on the screen from which seven or eight
different choices can be made.  Among the choices are air-to-air
combat, landing practice, taking-off practice and cross-wind
turbulence practice.

I have determined that the s and w keys control the flaps and the c
key puts a crosshair on the screen (for shooting, I asssume).

If anyone recognizes this game, please send me e-mail and tell me
the necessary commands.  Thanks.
--

Jeff Sauder     {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!sauder

eric@cbmvax.cbm.UUCP (Eric Cotton) (05/16/86)

In article <303@nbs-amrf.UUCP> sauder@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Jeff Sauder) writes:
>I recently got a game for my Commodore 64 from a friend but I
>received no documentation on how to play the game.  I am looking
>for information on specific commands to control the airplane.
>
>I think the name of the game is Jet Combat Simulator, although it
>is also very possible that I could be wrong.  When the game is
>booted, a menu is placed on the screen from which seven or eight
>different choices can be made.  Among the choices are air-to-air
>combat, landing practice, taking-off practice and cross-wind
>turbulence practice.
>
>[...]
>
>If anyone recognizes this game, please send me e-mail and tell me
>the necessary commands.  Thanks.
>--
>
>Jeff Sauder     {seismo,umcp-cs}!nbs-amrf!sauder

flame on:
Unless said game is in the public domain, I suggest you go to your nearest
software dealer and buy a LEGITIMATE copy!
flame off

	Eric Cotton

--

"My hovercraft is full of eels."

/*========================================================================*/
/*====    UUCP: {ihnp4 | allegra | seismo}!cbmvax!eric                ====*/
/*====      or: pyramid!amiga!eric                                    ====*/
/*====    ARPA: cbmvax!eric@seismo                                    ====*/
/*==== US mail: Commodore Technology                                  ====*/
/*====          1200 Wilson Drive                                     ====*/
/*====          West Chester, PA 19380                                ====*/
/*====   phone: (215) 431-9180                                        ====*/
/*========================================================================*/

sean@ukma.UUCP (Sean Casey) (05/20/86)

In article <251@cbmvax.cbmvax.cbm.UUCP> eric@cbmvax.UUCP (Eric Cotton) writes:
>In article <303@nbs-amrf.UUCP> sauder@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Jeff Sauder) writes:
>>I recently got a game for my Commodore 64 from a friend but I
>>received no documentation on how to play the game.  I am looking
>>
>>If anyone recognizes this game, please send me e-mail and tell me
>>the necessary commands.  Thanks.
>
>flame on:
>Unless said game is in the public domain, I suggest you go to your nearest
>software dealer and buy a LEGITIMATE copy!
>flame off
>
>        Eric Cotton

Thanks, Eric.  Your posting was most helpful.

Sean Casey                UUCP:  cbosgd!ukma!sean        CSNET:  sean@uky.csnet
University of Kentucky    ARPA:  ukma!sean@anl-mcs.arpa
Lexington, Kentucky     BITNET:  sean@ukma.bitnet

bc@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (William H Coderre) (05/21/86)

Note that it is perfectly legal to resell software.
If the first owner lost the manual, then the purchaser
would have difficulty, no?

ANYWAY, I'm interested in hearing what this software
WILL DO. That way, I could potentially buy it
(except I dislike "Commode" Computers ;^{>)......,bc

thoth@ihuxf.UUCP (Rosecrans) (05/23/86)

> ANYWAY, I'm interested in hearing what this software
> WILL DO. That way, I could potentially buy it
> (except I dislike "Commode" Computers ;^{>)......,bc

The above mentioned simulator is probably JET by Sublogic Corp. in Champaign,
IL.  This is the same company that authored Flight Simulator II.  JET can be
purchased at any computer store and it is availbale for Commodore, Atari, Apple,
Amiga, anf IBM-PC (and clones).