[net.games.video] Karateka

slouie@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Shelley Louie) (12/01/86)

In article <805@ukecc.UUCP> grant@ukecc.UUCP (Miles) writes:

>THE BIRD
>
>To actually kill the bird, you must hit it 5 times.
>You must hit him as he touches your hand. (IE - Punch just as he reaches you)
>Not too early, not to late, but just right. It's hard to explain, but you
>will be able to get the idea. You must use ONLY punches on the bird. Kicks
			       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>do not work, or are not effective.

Actually, after I finished the game I found that you could run through the
whole thing without having to perform one punch.  The bird is quite
vulnerable to kicking.  (Things to do on a rainy day: play using only a
middle kick.  Fighting the bird is the only hard part...)

>TIP OF THE WEEK...Don't run into the maiden's room in a fight stance!

Yes, what ever happened to eternal gratitude and all of that jazz? 8-)

> Miles Grant   "An englishman lost somewhere in Kentucky"
>
>:   wq
-The Mad Hobbit- 		   ARPA: slouie@cory.Berkeley.EDU
UUCP: ucbvax!cory!slouie   	   USnail: 2398 Parker #7, Berkeley, Ca 94704
Disclaimer:  I paid my tuition.  The Regents should support MY opinions.

"The brain?!?  I love the brain!  The brain is my second favorite organ!"