[net.lang.pascal] How does the inline

wei@princeton.UUCP (P Wei) (11/22/85)

In my previous post, I mistyped inline($b8/$01/$cd/$7e); instead of
the correct inline($b8/>$01/$cd/$7e); .
The machine was just stuck still forever (needing reboot) after running
the program. (interrupt 7eh was installed resident)
Because in that interrupt routine , I need to get the parameters passed
by the main program in stack(turbo's). Therefore I want to make sure the
concept stated in the last posting is right.
Am I wrong about the inline() statement ? I assume it is a statement informing
the complier and does nothing on the stack (it doesn't push its "argument" onto
the stack---i.e. the first code executing at run time is $B8).
Am I right????
HP Wei   (wei@princeton)

ade@pucc-i (D. Kakarigi) (11/23/85)

In article <1172@princeton.UUCP> wei@princeton.UUCP (P Wei) writes:
>In my previous post, I mistyped inline($b8/$01/$cd/$7e); instead of
>Am I wrong about the inline() statement ? I assume it is a statement informing
>the complier and does nothing on the stack (it doesn't push its "argument" onto
>the stack---i.e. the first code executing at run time is $B8).
>Am I right????
>HP Wei   (wei@princeton)

The first code of your inline statement will be $B8, but when your procedure
is called, it does something like:
         PUSH      BP
         MOV       BP,SP
before it gets to $B8, so you do have an extra word on the stack!