[net.lang.pascal] Pascal subroutine sources?

alford@ecsvax.UUCP (Ross Alford) (04/13/86)

I would like to find out whether there are any public domain sources of
scientific and statistical routines written in either "standard Pascal"
(J&W) or Turbo Pascal.  This would include routines for matrix manipulations
and generation of random numbers following distributions other than the
uniform.  Pointers to books or to BBS sources would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Ross Alford
   ...{decvax, akgua, ihnp4}!mcnc!ecsvax!alford

halff@utah-cs.UUCP (Henry M. Halff) (04/15/86)

In article <1411@ecsvax.UUCP>, alford@ecsvax.UUCP (Ross Alford) writes:
> I would like to find out whether there are any public domain sources of
> scientific and statistical routines written in either "standard Pascal"
> (J&W) or Turbo Pascal.  This would include routines for matrix manipulations
> and generation of random numbers following distributions other than the
> uniform.  Pointers to books or to BBS sources would be appreciated.

Here are a few books that give scientific routines for Pascal.  I don't know
whether or not they are still in print.

No author  (1982).  Some common Pascal programs:  Based on the book Some common
	BASIC programs.  Berkeley, CA: Osborne/McGraw-Hill.

Davidson, G.  (1982).  Practical Pascal programs:  Based on the book Practical
	BASIC programs.  Berkeley, CA: Osborne/McGraw-Hill.

Miller, A. R.  (1981).  Pascal programs for scientists and engineers.
	Berkeley, CA: Sybex.

Cooper, J. W.  (1981).  Introduction to Pascal for scientists.  New York:
	Wiley.

--
Henry M. Halff                                       Halff Resources, Inc.
halff@utah-cs.ARPA                 4918 33rd Road, N., Arlington, VA 22207