>From harpo!MAILER-DAEMON@ihnp4.UUCP Wed Dec 14 20:32:39 1983
Date: 14 Dec 83 18:00:33 CST (Wed)
From: ihnp4!harpo!MAILER-DAEMON
Subject: Unable to deliver mail
To: ihnp4!burl!we13!ihnp4!cbosgd!mark

   ----- Unsent message follows -----
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 83 11:09:37 est
From: ihnp4!cbosgd!mark (Mark Horton)
Subject: Re:  news vs. notes
To: ihnp4!stolaf!umn-cs!minn-ua!andy, ihnp4!we13!burl!spanky!ka
Cc: hou3c!ka

Andy, I gather my previous reply did not make it to you.

2.11 is not in sight, but vnews is tracking it and there is probably
a newer vnews.  I don't have a current vnews here.

Frankly, I think notes should be fixed to behave reasonably, that is,
to be a wonderful user interface to the news database.  This would
encourage sites to conform to the news interchange standard and still
provide what notes does well - provide a nice user interface.  It
would also eliminate the need to store two copies of everything.

You can also play games with expiring news sooner than 2 weeks.

	Mark