[net.mail] CCNET/Internet gateway: an answer

ag5@pucc-k (Henry C. Mensch) (11/09/84)

<<>>

In article <pucc-i.695> I wrote:

>	I am looking for a potential gateway between DECNET sites
>and UUCP/Usenet sites.  Equally useful would be a similar gateway
>between DECNET and ARPA/CSNET. (Perhaps I have the name of this
>other net wrong; I am referring to the sites at Carnegie-Mellon
>and Columbia which are DECNETted together...)

	As it turns, John Diamant of Case Western Reserve Univ.
was able to answer this question; his answer follows:

.>The network to which you refer is called CCNET.  It connects CMU,
.>Columbia, NYU, CWRU, SIT, etc.  Columbia is a gateway.  Incoming to
.>CCNET, you send to user%ccmachine@COLUMBIA-20.ARPA.  Outgoing is a
.>problem, because the two ARPA gateways are CMU and Columbia, and both of
.>them restrict ARPANet mail from CCNET.  I do not as yet know of a UUCP
.>gateway (without using ARPA of course), except that there may be one
.>from BITNET, which is gatewayed through Columbia.

.>John Diamant				Usenet: ...decvax!cwruecmp!diamant
.>Case Western Reserve University		CSNet:  diamant@Case
.>Cleveland, Ohio				ARPA:   diamant.Case@CSNet-Relay

Henry C. Mensch  |  User Confuser | Purdue University User Services
{ihnp4|decvax|ucbvax|seismo|allegra|cbosgd|harpo}!pur-ee!pucc-i!ag5
		"It's a radio for deaf-mutes!"