[net.mail] Gateway to usenet from Bitnet

nitin@ur-laser.uucp (Nitin Sampat) (06/19/85)

Subject: Access to UUCP from bitnet ?
Newsgroups: news.mail

Can someone tell me if I can get thru to UUCP from Bitnet ?

I am at node rochester!ur-laser!nitin and I can send mail from here
to a Bitnet node via Gateway PSUVAX1.  Howver, when I try to send
mail from the Bitnet node  ( running VMS ) , the computer does not like
the format rochester!PSUVAX1!ur-laser  ...etc (i.e. it does not like
the exclamation marks etc..)

I know the gateway is PSUVAX1 and that what worked one way should work
the other way too.  I just can't seem to "guess" the right syntax !!

Can anyone help me, please ???

Also, for people familier with both VMS and Unix..

Do you know what Unix does to the control characters that VMS puts
in a file. e.g. I have a .mem file generated using Runoff.  How
can I read this under Unix ????

Any help appreciated !!!............................nitin

Subject: Subject: Access to UUCP from bitnet ?
Newsgroups: Newsgroups: news.mail