[net.mail] smart gateways

reid@Glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) (08/01/85)

Date: Tue, 30 Jul 85 18:24:54 EDT
From: Evan Cohn <ecohn.yktvmt%ibm-sj.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
Subject: I forgot

to include something in the last note - it was an example of the
robustness of the mail system here - I sent a note to my sister
and wherever the word 'at' appeared in the body the mailer would try to
make the lhs a person and the rhs a site. The first line is "sorry
I couldn't...." ----->

From: Evan Cohn <ecohn.yktvmt%ibm-sj.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
To: cara@washington.ARPA, "Sorry I couldn't Talk for long"@home,
    "they were almost"@theend,
    "of the thin man movie and if I missed it - I would never have known the mur
MMDF-Warning:  Parse error in preceding line at CSNET-RELAY.ARPA
 <--- If there is a person called "they were almost" at the site 'theend'
he is probably very puzzled right now.
  e.c
-------
--