[net.mail] Mail over news links.

dave@pta.UUCP (04/23/86)

That was a most interesting discussion, Robert.  Certainly was enlightening.

Permit me to introduce a possible analogy:

Just because to want to drive a car from A to B, and you take certain
streets (say 1, 2 & 3), it doesn't necessarily mean you can drive a dirty
great prime mover back the other way!  One way roads, load limits, etc etc.

//SYSIN DD *
Dave Horsfall VK2KFU	 ISD: +61 2 438-1266   VTL: 248181000
Lionel Singer Group	 STD:  (02) 438-1266
20 Waltham St		ARPA: munnari!pta.oz!dave@SEISMO
Artarmon  NSW  2064	UUCP: seismo!munnari!pta.oz!dave
AUSTRALIA		 ACS: dave@pta, dave@elecvax, dave@runx
	#include <witticism.h>

joel@gould9 (04/27/86)

In article <6613@utzoo.UUCP>, henry@utzoo.UUCP (Henry Spencer) writes:
> > What existing Usenet standards are your referring to, John?
> > The ones that I am aware of support domain addressing and discourage the
> > use of the Path: line for return addresses.
>
> The key word is "discourage", as opposed to "forbid".  The problem is that
> the documented standards reflect a hope as to how the world will be one
> day, not the facts of how it is today.

last time I checked, 2.10.3 alpha (at least with the toggle I have set)
generates replies from the "Path" header.  I would not be suprised to
learn that 2.10.1 and 2.10.2 do the same.

I agree with Henry.  Future hopes are nice, but this is reality for now.
--
	Joel West	 	(619) 457-9681
	CACI, Inc. Federal, 3344 N. Torrey Pines Ct., La Jolla, CA  92037