[net.mail] can YOU help me with sendmail?

simon@einode.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) (10/21/86)

i am putting together a document describing sendmail configuration files and
how to generate them.
i am sure that there are people out there who have done this sort of thing.
could you please mail me, telling me what you have done.
there are a number of sendmail configuration packages around that i know of:
the original stuff from berkeley, smail, the umich configurator and uk 1.4a.
are there any others?, if so, let me know
--
Simon Kenyon
EUnet: simon@einode.UUCP

aat@j.cc.purdue.edu (Jeff Smith) (10/24/86)

In article <194@einode.UUCP> simon@einode.UUCP (Simon Kenyon) writes:
>i am putting together a document describing sendmail configuration files and
>how to generate them.

James Schoner (formerly of Purdue University Computing Center)
developed a preprocessor called "ease" which accepts the ease language
and produces sendmail configuration files as output.  Advantages of the
ease language include (but are not limited to) long variable names, a
more structured language with function calls, if statements, for loops,
/lib/cpp preprocessing of ease files, etc.  The readability of an ease
file is a big improvement over sendmail cf files.

Ease is available as a compressed tar image by ftp'ing to
j.cc.purdue.edu and logging in as anonymous/guest.  It's in
/usr/ftp/pub/ease.tar.Z.  If you don't have compress for some reason,
it's in /usr/ftp/pub too.  If you can't ftp to j.cc.purdue.edu,
write "ksb@j.cc.purdue.edu" and we'll try to make other arrangements
for you to get it.

Also, see the Jan./Feb. issue of ;login: (Vol. 11, #1) for the original
paper on ease.

Jeff Smith

Unix systems administrator, Purdue University Computing Center
aat@j.cc.purdue.edu ee.ecn.purdue.edu!j.cc.purdue.edu!aat
Purdue University, 210 Math-Science, W. Lafayette, IN 47907, 317/494-7954