[net.news.config] News shortage in Western Washington and Western Canada

furuta (05/12/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site alice.UUCP
Posting-Version:version B 2.10 5/3/83; site uw-beaver
Date:Wed, 11-May-83 20:43:29 EDT
Organization:U of Washington Computer Science

Readers in Western Washington and in Western Canada will have noticed
that we haven't been getting very much news of late.  My hearsay
information is that decvax is having troubles, again, which is impeding
the flow of news to us (via microsoft).  Cornell has also been having
troubles with their Arpanet line (apparently the trouble is the phone
company's responsibility) and so the uw-beaver<->cornell link has
received almost nothing either.  We have just fired up a
tektronix<->uw-beaver link (part of the new backbone) in testing mode,
so I hope relief and increased amounts of news will be forthcoming
soon.  I do believe that outgoing news (that generated by sites
downstream from uw-beaver) is getting out to at least part of the net
as it seems that our files are getting transfered to Cornell ok.

				--Rick