[net.news.config] UUCP map postings in net.news.config

hokey@plus5.UUCP (Hokey) (04/14/85)

Recently, I have noticed a number of sites posting updated uucp connectivity
information to this newsgroup.

Is anybody (affiliated with the UUCP map project) doing anything with these?

Are the regional coordinators doing anything with these postings?

Are the senders also forwarding copies to uucpmap@cbosgd and to their
regional coordinators?

Do people know who their regional coordinators are?

How about some feedback from people maintaining the maps as well as those
people using the data about the quality and format of the data?  How soon
can gateways (not bridges) dealing with UUCP handle class 3 addresses?
When can the news software be updated to support mail replies to the
nearest class 3 (or other smart) host?
--
Hokey           ..ihnp4!plus5!hokey
		  314-725-9492

ksh@cbosgd.UUCP (Horton) (04/22/85)

In article <686@plus5.UUCP> hokey@plus5.UUCP (Hokey) writes:
>Recently, I have noticed a number of sites posting updated uucp connectivity
>information to this newsgroup.
>Is anybody (affiliated with the UUCP map project) doing anything with these?
>Are the regional coordinators doing anything with these postings?

All regional coordinators for the UUCP Mapping Project read the net.news.*
newsgroups.

>Are the senders also forwarding copies to uucpmap@cbosgd and to their
>regional coordinators?

In theory this shoudn't be necessary, but is advisable.

>Do people know who their regional coordinators are?

There is absolutely no reason for you to know who your regional coordinator
is.  The reason that things are set up so that updates are sent to
cbosgd!uucpmap is so when regional coordinators change, there are no major
problems. We can have changes without anyone ever knowing.

>How about some feedback from people maintaining the maps as well as those
>people using the data about the quality and format of the data?

I have always welcomed comments and suggestions regarding the project, and
continue to do so (send these comments to cbosgd!ksh).

	Karen Summers-Horton