[net.news.config] LLL to VECPYR link cut off at the knees

bandy@lll-lcc.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) (09/03/86)

Vecpyr disconnected their computer's phone line and didn't tell us.
It is apparently connected to a secretary's desk.

They get cut off at the knees.  We no longer recognize them; all queued
mail and news traffic will be flushed.  I will try to deliver mail that
wasn't routed towards them though.
--
Amu, ne armu!

Andy Beals
bandy@lll-crg.arpa	{ihnp4,seismo,ll-xn,qantel,pyramid}!lll-crg!bandy
LLNL, P.O. Box 808, Mailstop L-419, Livermore CA 94550 (415) 423-1948

mcnamara@Shasta.UUCP (09/08/86)

In article <394@lll-lcc.UUCP> bandy@lll-lcc.UUCP (Andrew Scott Beals) writes:
>Vecpyr disconnected their computer's phone line and didn't tell us.
>It is apparently connected to a secretary's desk.
>
>They get cut off at the knees.  We no longer recognize them; all queued
>mail and news traffic will be flushed.  I will try to deliver mail that
>wasn't routed towards them though.
>--
>Amu, ne armu!
>
>Andy Beals
>bandy@lll-crg.arpa	{ihnp4,seismo,ll-xn,qantel,pyramid}!lll-crg!bandy
>LLNL, P.O. Box 808, Mailstop L-419, Livermore CA 94550 (415) 423-1948

	Vecpyr was tflop's main Usenet feed; as their secretary doesn't
grok net.jokes, we are also cut off.  I am both in search of a new supplier of
Usenet news, and annoucing that our connection to Vecpyr is no more.

If anyone needs to contact vecpyr, Saul Wold is no longer with them, and the
person I've found there who seems most cognitive of Usenet matters is Frank
Vaughan at 922-2800.

	So, if you would like to feed news to us, please let me know.

	--MAC

	mac%tflop@lll-lcc
	mac%tflop@su-shasta.arpa