[net.lang] Modula-2 an insuggicient languag

jans@mako.UUCP (Jan Steinman) (02/10/85)

In article <8500004@ccvaxa.UUCP> preece@ccvaxa.UUCP writes, quotes:
>>Since it is me who is being castized here I figured I ought to respond.
>
>I suppose it was probably just a typo, but "castize" is a pretty nifty new
>word, if it was intended.  A useful combination of "chastise" and
>"castigate", which have somewhat different connotations.

Gee, for some reason, I thought the combination was "chastize" with
"castrate". ;-}
--
:::::: Jan Steinman		Box 1000, MS 61-161	(w)503/685-2843 ::::::
:::::: tektronix!tekecs!jans	Wilsonville, OR 97070	(h)503/657-7703 ::::::

dgary@ecsvax.UUCP (D Gary Grady) (02/11/85)

> I suppose it was probably just a typo, but "castize" is a pretty nifty
> new word, if it was intended.  A useful combination of "chastise"
> and "castigate", which have somewhat different connotations.

Oh.  I thought it was a sort of unpleasant surgery.
--
D Gary Grady
Duke U Comp Center, Durham, NC  27706

preece@ccvaxa.UUCP (02/14/85)

I suppose it was probably just a typo, but "castize" is a pretty nifty
new word, if it was intended.  A useful combination of "chastise"
and "castigate", which have somewhat different connotations.

scott preece
gould/csd - urbana
ihnp4!uiucdcs!ccvaxa!preece