[net.lang] Pascal to C translator

stock@yale.ARPA (06/13/85)

I am looking for a Pascal to C translator, or any tools that might help
in translating Pascal source code to C source code.  Please sent me
any suggestions, sources, or information that you might have to make
this task easier.

Adam Stock at Yale Comix

sm@cadre.ARPA (Sean McLinden) (06/15/85)

In article <415@yale.ARPA> stock@yale.ARPA writes:
>I am looking for a Pascal to C translator, or any tools that might help
>in translating Pascal source code to C source code.  Please sent me
>any suggestions, sources, or information that you might have to make
>this task easier.
>
>Adam Stock at Yale Comix

The CMU Andrew System which is a product of the IBM-sponsored Information
Technology Center at Carnegie-Mellon University includes, among other
things, a Pascal-to-C translator called "ptc". The system (which is a
prototype of the user interface intended for IBM academic workstation),
can be licensed to universities for $100.00 (I don't know about commercial
interests) from CMU. The phone number is (412)-578-6700.

For anyone with a Sun Workstation, this system is WELL worth the investment
as it offers an efficient and clean working environment for interacting
between networked Suns. (This in comparison to Sun Unix 4.2 Release 1.1,
I haven't seen later releases, yet).

To return to the Pascal-to-C issue, for a moment, it is worth stressing
the fact that the large number of Pascal dialects makes it difficult to
develop a general purpose translator, and some post-processing may be
required with the translator, however, it has made life a lot easier for
me since I rarely use Pascal enough to make it worth my while to delve
into the syntax.

Sean McLinden
Decision Systems Laboratory