[net.lang] Ada Compilers for unix

mcdermot@unmvax.UUCP (10/07/85)

I guess we'll be needing an Ada compiler for our unix (ultrix) systems
here soon.  What choices do we have (if any)?  What's good?  What's bad?

[Is there any hope of Ada just dying :-) ??  ]

A zillion thanks,
john

(TM-- ada:DODJPO, untrix:DEC, unix:ATT )

--

John McDermott			{gatech|ucbvax|dspo|pur-ee}!unmvax!mcdermot
				   ^ preferred

Merlyn@cisden.UUCP (Merlyn) (10/10/85)

Don't get Telesoft.  It's slow and it wants ~6 MB of swap space before
it even looks at your program.  You also have to use a run-time package
because it's too stupid to produce a file that Un*x (on our Sun at least)
can load and run.

				Tommy Phillips
				trantor!phillips

render@uiucdcsb.CS.UIUC.EDU (10/12/85)

I would like copies of any info on Ada under Unix as well, particularly
for BSD 4.2 on VAXes and SUN workstations.  Thanks for any help.

                                     Hal Render
                                     University of Illinois

                                     {pur-ee, ihnp4} ! uiucdcs ! render
                                     render@uiuc.csnet     render@uiuc.arpa

lasse@daab.UUCP (Lars Hammarstrand) (10/15/85)

In article <933@unmvax.UUCP> mcdermot@unmvax.UUCP writes:
>I guess we'll be needing an Ada compiler for our unix (ultrix) systems
>here soon.  What choices do we have (if any)?  What's good?  What's bad?
>
>[Is there any hope of Ada just dying :-) ??  ]
>
>A zillion thanks,
>john

	- I don't know much about ADA, but I know there is a company here in
Sweden working with an ADA compiler for UNIX, the company is called TELELOGIC
or something like that. I have no idea if they are connected to the net or not
but you can allways hear with Bjorn Eriksson at ENEA DATA here in Sweden, he
should known. (BTW: enea is our backbone)

UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,philabs}!{mcvax,ukc,unido}!enea!ber

The man you should look for is Rickard Kaufmann (I think he is from the States).

Good luck.

	Lars Hammarstrand.
	Datorisering AB, Stockholm, SWEDEN.

	UUCP:	{seismo,decvax,philabs}!{mcvax,ukc,unido}!enea!daab!lasse
	ARPA:	decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse@berkley.ARPA
		decvax!mcvax!enea!daab!lasse@seismo.ARPA