[net.lang] Ada wins?

db@cstvax.UUCP (Dave Berry) (02/25/86)

In article <526@hoptoad.uucp> gnu@hoptoad.UUCP writes:
>In article <1970@peora.UUCP>, jer@peora.UUCP (J. Eric Roskos) writes:
>> The problem is, as far as the implementation of machines is concerned, Ada
>> is likely to be the driving force for the forseeable future --
>
>Spoken like a true government contractor.
>I'll believe it when I see J. Eric Roskos posting articles using a
>netnews written in Ada running an Ada Unix clone on a home computer.

Well, while browsing in our local bookshop, I came across the following:

"Pulse: An Ada-based distributed operating system", by D. Keefe, I.C. Wand,
G.M. Tomlinson & A.J. Wellings, Academic Press.

The authors (from the University of York) claim that PULSE includes the "best"
features af UNIX.

Maybe you won't have to wait too long.
--
	Dave Berry. CS postgrad, Univ. of Edinburgh
					...mcvax!ukc!cstvax!db