[net.lang] fortran to c translator?

dixit@uscvax.UUCP (Vish) (03/10/86)

I am sure such a thing exists, just that i don't know.
Friend of mine needs to translate simple but long fortran-iv programs to c.
Anybody knows where one could get hold of a F to C translator, preferably
public domain? Thanks.

- vish.
arpa : dixit@usc-cse.usc.edu
csnet: dixit@usc-cse
uucp : ...!{{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcvax,hplabs,allegra,trwrb}!sdcrdcf!uscvax!dixit

In article <131@uscvax.UUCP> dixit@uscvax.UUCP (Vish) writes:
>Anybody knows where one could get hold of a F to C translator, preferably
>public domain? Thanks.

I don't remember the name of the Unix utility to convert Fortran
to Ratfor, but I know it exists (I've used it once).  Once one
has used this, one can use the Ratfor-to-C translator from the
Software Tools Users' Group (courtesy Neil P. Groundwater,
sundc!npg).
--

	Joe Yao		hadron!jsdy@seismo.{CSS.GOV,ARPA,UUCP}

law@pecnos.UUCP (Steve Law) (03/18/86)

> I am sure such a thing exists, just that i don't know.
> Friend of mine needs to translate simple but long fortran-iv programs to c.
> Anybody knows where one could get hold of a F to C translator, preferably
> public domain? Thanks.
>
> - vish.
> arpa : dixit@usc-cse.usc.edu
> csnet: dixit@usc-cse
> uucp : ...!{{decvax,ucbvax}!sdcvax,hplabs,allegra,trwrb}!sdcrdcf!uscvax!dixit

Try the following company:

	Source Translation & Optimization
	PO Box 404, Belmont, Mass 02178
	617-489-3727

I believe they have translators for FORTRAN to C, Ada, Pascal, Modula etc.

		Steve Law

Name:       I. S. Law (Steve)
UUCP:       ihnp4!vax135!petsd!pecnos!law
ARPA:	    vax135!petsd!pecnos!law@BERKELEY
US Mail:    MS 314B; Concurrent Computer Corp.
            106 Apple St; Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
Phone:      (201) 758-7280