[net.lang] Looking for a Pascal to

manheime@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Ken Manheimer) (10/10/86)

I'm looking for a Pascal to C translator that produces viable,
comprehensible code.  We would like to convert the few (but
relatively large) Pascal components of our project to C, such that
we can continue to develop the C code version, abandoning the
Pascal.  I've heard about a translator that comes as a part of a
pascal compiler (from HCR corp), but it seems unlikely to me that
the human-readability of the intermediate C code would be
emphasized.  Does anyone know of, have experience with, a clever
translator?

Though i've been delinquent in the past, i'll at least collate the
net if the response warrants.

Thanks!

Ken Manheimer, NBS Automated Manufacturing Research Facility,
301/921-2171   Gaithersburg, MD 20879
	...!seismo!nbs-amrf!manheime
	(soon to be manheime@nbs-amrf.arpa, maybe within the month)

chapman@cory.Berkeley.EDU (Brent Chapman) (10/14/86)

In article <429@nbs-amrf.UUCP> manheime@nbs-amrf.UUCP (Ken Manheimer) writes:
>I'm looking for a Pascal to C translator that produces viable,
>comprehensible code.
	[ etc., etc. ]

Gee, it seems we see this request every couple of months or so.

Look, folks, the best Pascal to C translator you are going to find is a nice,
broke, desperate CS undergraduate...  Such a bargain!  :-)

Brent Chapman (a nice but not broke and not desperate undergraduate  :-)

chapman@cory.berkeley.edu	or	ucbvax!cory!chapman
--
Brent Chapman

chapman@cory.berkeley.edu	or	ucbvax!cory!chapman