[net.invest] Dow Jones investment software

daemon@decwrl.UUCP (01/04/84)

From: In.from.the.ENET, sent by Ed Featherston <roll::featherston>

 Begin Forwarded Message:

Newsgroup : net.invest
>From : NACHO::MPALMER
NEWSGROUP:NET.INVEST
SUBJECT: Dow Jones investment software

As I scrutinized the brochures for the products, I came across 3 prices:

1) Dow Jones Market Analyzer $350
2) Dow Jones Market Manager  $299
3) Dow Jones Market Microscope $699

The Dow Jones Spreadsheet Link (for Apple; connects Visicalc or Multiplan
to Dow Jones info retrieval) is another product in the line but they mentioned
no price.

The Market Analyzer is basically a tool for charting stocks, bonds, mutual funds and options.  It uses color graphics to display standard evaluative and historical data on the market.  It gets the data automatically from the Dow Jones
service for you.  It has a "user jump" facility whereby users can write simple
subroutines to supplement the analysis provided by the package.

The Market Manager is a tool for doing portfolio management - you tell it
what your holdings are and it will do accounting for your transactions
including taxes - it gets updates off the wire to evaluate your holdings.

The Market Microscope provides a much more sophisticated set of tools for
market analysis based on automatic retrieval from DJ.  Functions include
notification of price changes, rankings, etc.  It looks like it uses a
small database to hold updates from the DJ wire and queries it
to provide the rankings and other analysis.

Anyone out there use these yet?

				Mark Palmer
				DEC
				Spit Brook Road, Nashua NH

	(UUCP)  {decvax, ucbvax, allegra}!decwrl!rhea!nacho!mpalmer

	(ARPA)  decwrl!rhea!nacho!mpalmer@Berkeley
	        decwrl!rhea!nacho!mpalmer@SU-Shasta

 End Forwarded Message