[net.invest] anyone know the phone no./address of Sequoia Fund?

hardlj@drutx.UUCP (hardouinLJ) (06/04/85)

Does anyone know how I might obtain a prospectus for the
mutual fund Sequoia Fund?

		Thanks,
		Larry Hardouin
		ihnp4!drutx!hardlj

das@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/08/85)

In article <2935@drutx.UUCP> hardlj@drutx.UUCP (hardouinLJ) writes:
>Does anyone know how I might obtain a prospectus for the
>mutual fund Sequoia Fund?

A good source for all sorts of information about mutual funds is available in
the Business section of most public libraries:  Wiesenberger's annual
compendium (whose exact title escapes me -- it's a 9" x 12" x 2 1/2" or so
book, bound in a maroon cover).  It has some preliminary sections containing
everything you've ever wanted to know about investment companies, followed by
a listing of funds (with addresses and phone numbers), followed by sections
with scads of performance results.  Most libraries also carry the quarterly
supplements "Management Results" and the monthly supplements "Current
Performance".

After spending a couple of hours with this and other sources (e.g. Forbes
August fund ratings), you have a very good set of fund candidates; after
perusing the prospectuses of your candidates, you can make a decision.

[The Sequoia Fund is a fine one -- unfortunately, it's closed to new investors.]