[net.invest] charge cards with no fee

clayton@mary.DEC (Cluster Verification, 261-3917, NIO/B2) (01/22/86)

<>

>> Two places I know of are the Mechantile Bank of St. Louis, Missouri,
>>			       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>If I remember correctly, this bank starts charging interests the moment you
>use your credit card, so you end up paying some kind of fee even if you
>pay your balance every month.

First, it's spelled Mercantile Bank.  Secondly, they do not charge interest
from the time you use the card.  I have had my VISA through them for years
and this year on my final statement "Interest paid this year....$0.00",
clearly that would not be possible if they charged from the moment of use.
You must be thinking of another bank.

Elizabeth Clayton
...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-vicki!clayton

In article <616@decwrl.DEC.COM>, clayton@mary.DEC (Cluster Verification, 261-3917, NIO/B2) writes:

>First, it's spelled Mercantile Bank.  Secondly, they do not charge interest
>from the time you use the card.  I have had my VISA through them for years
>and this year on my final statement "Interest paid this year....$0.00",
>clearly that would not be possible if they charged from the moment of use.
>You must be thinking of another bank.
>
>Elizabeth Clayton
>...decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-vicki!clayton

?!?!?????

Gee whiz, I'd like to know how to get Mercantile (based in St. Louis) to quit
charging interest on new purchases on MY Visa....
|        skokie, illinois        |