[net.invest] Perceived Value Machine it is!

ekrell@ucla-cs.ARPA (Eduardo Krell) (03/22/86)

In article <202@pyramid.UUCP> dan@.UUCP (Dan Sobottka) writes:

>    -expiration day for Stock Index futures AND options (like tomorrow, 'cept
>     I don't think much will happen this time)

Well, the 35+ points drop in the Dow goes to show us how impredictable these
days are. Something has to be done about this distortion in the Stock Market.
Small investors are the ones getting hurt, as usual.
--
    Eduardo Krell               UCLA Computer Science Department
    ekrell@ucla-locus.arpa      ..!{sdcrdcf,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!ekrell

          You have the right to express your opinions,
          but that doesn't mean your opinions are right !

suhre@trwrba.UUCP (Maurice E. Suhre) (03/24/86)

In article <10053@ucla-cs.ARPA> ekrell@ucla-cs.UUCP (Eduardo Krell) writes:
>In article <202@pyramid.UUCP> dan@.UUCP (Dan Sobottka) writes:
>>
>>    -expiration day for Stock Index futures AND options (like tomorrow, 'cept
>>     I don't think much will happen this time)
>
>Well, the 35+ points drop in the Dow goes to show us how impredictable these
>days are. Something has to be done about this distortion in the Stock Market.
>Small investors are the ones getting hurt, as usual.
	This is not obvious.  Even though the Dow dropped on Friday,
	the Amex and OTC indexes were up.  Depends on where the
	"small investors" were invested.
>--
>    Eduardo Krell               UCLA Computer Science Department

Maurice

{decvax,sdcrdcf,ihnp4,ucbvax}!trwrb!suhre

dave@cylixd.UUCP (Dave Kirby) (03/24/86)

>>-expiration day for Stock Index futures AND options (like tomorrow, 'cept
>>I don't think much will happen this time)

>Well, the 35+ points drop in the Dow goes to show us how impredictable these
>days are. Something has to be done about this distortion in the Stock Market.
>Small investors are the ones getting hurt, as usual.

Yes, it's getting to where the day before double-expiration is a good
time to buy options straddles.

Dave Kirby    ( ...!ihnp4!akgua!cylixd!dave)