[net.sport.hockey] Predictions for NHL division finals

jeff@dciem.UUCP (Jeff Richardson) (04/18/85)

Here are my predictions for the division finals:

Adams:
MONTREAL over QUEBEC in 7  (home ice advantage gives the Habs the edge)
Patrick:
ISLANDERS over PHILADELPHIA in 6  (same old Islanders.  They'll find some way
                                   to win.  Experience gives them the edge.)
Smythe (assuming Hawerchuk misses no more than 2 games):
WINNIPEG over EDMONTON in 7  (Jets are hot, Oilers aren't hungry enough)
(if Hawerchuk misses most of the series, it'll probably be Edmonton in 6)
Norris:
CHICAGO over MINNESOTA in 4  (Hawks are simply a much better team)

My record so far:
Picked both winning team & number of games correctly:  3  (Chi, Mon, NYI)
Picked winning team & missed number of games by one:   4  (Edm, Win, Que, Phi)
Picked wrong team:                                     1  (Minnesota)
--
Jeff Richardson, DCIEM, Toronto  (416) 635-2073
{linus,ihnp4,uw-beaver,floyd}!utcsrgv!dciem!jeff

lip@gcc-bill.ARPA (Sethmodius Lipkin) (04/30/85)

--

Sorry, guys!  The Flyers were young and inexperienced 11 years ago (when they
beat Boston in 6), and they're young and inexperienced now.   Organization,

         Let's go Broad Street Baby Boomers!!!

         Seth Lipkin
         harvard!gcc-bill!lip

"Hi Ho."