[net.sport.hockey] special status for readers of this group

reid@glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) (03/14/86)

I've been doing a survey of the readership of netnews groups, and
net.sport.hockey has the special distinction of being the group read by the
smallest number of people.

Go for it!
--
	Brian Reid	decwrl!glacier!reid
	Stanford	reid@SU-Glacier.ARPA

tohaapanen@watrose.UUCP (Tom Haapanen) (03/17/86)

reid@glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) writes:
>I've been doing a survey of the readership of netnews groups, and
>net.sport.hockey has the special distinction of being the group read by the
>smallest number of people.

This may have something to do with the fact that the list did not
include any Canadian systems (at least that I recognized).  Just from
Waterloo, we have watmath, watrose, watlion, watdragon, watmum,
watdaisy, wateng, watcgl, watopt, watnot, watvlsi, wat...  getting
these systems in the survey should get this newsgroup out of the
bottom 10 list!  And at least we were not on the 40 most expensive
list...

\tom haapanen						/ watrose!tohaapanen
university of waterloo			    ..!watmath <-- watmum!tohaapanen
							\ watlion!tohaapanen
I am one in ten, a number on a list
I am one in ten, even though I don't exist
No-body knows me, though I'm always there
A statistical reminder of a world that doesn't care           (c) UB40, 1981

absary@watdragon.UUCP (Al Sary) (03/17/86)

In article <7905@watrose.UUCP> tohaapanen@watrose.UUCP (Tom Haapanen) writes:
>reid@glacier.ARPA (Brian Reid) writes:
>>I've been doing a survey of the readership of netnews groups, and
>>net.sport.hockey has the special distinction of being the group read by the
>>smallest number of people.
>
>This may have something to do with the fact that the list did not
>include any Canadian systems (at least that I recognized).  Just from
>Waterloo, we have watmath, watrose, watlion, watdragon, watmum,
>watdaisy, wateng, watcgl, watopt, watnot, watvlsi, wat...  getting
>these systems in the survey should get this newsgroup out of the
>bottom 10 list!  And at least we were not on the 40 most expensive
>list...

And I noticed that the majority of the postings to this group seems to be
from around this area.