[net.micro.pc] PC LIBRARY

glennw (08/20/82)

>From uucps Thu Aug 19 01:59:38 1982
>From uucps Thu Aug 19 01:58:42 1982 remote from mhuxa
>From uucp Thu Aug 19 01:55:18 1982 remote from mhuxt
>From uucp Thu Aug 19 01:52:42 1982 remote from eagle
>From floyd!cmcl2!philabs!sdcsvax!vicki Thu Aug 19 01:47:41 1982 remote from harpo
Date: Wed Aug 18 23:29:09 1982
To: philabs!cmcl2!floyd!harpo!eagle!mhuxt!mhuxa!mhuxh!glennw

Date:  3 Aug 1982 2118-PDT
From: INFO-PC <INFO-PC at USC-ISIB>
Subject: Info-PC Digest V1 #1
To: Info-PC: ;

INFO-PC Digest
--------------

FREE PROGRAM LIBRARY
STARTING OFF WITH THE PC
ADVANTAGES/DISADVANTAGES OF THE PC
8088 ON THE S-100 BUS

This is the first digest for the new ARPANET forum INFO-PC.  Starting
now, digests will be archived in [ISIB]<INFO-PC>digests-august-82 and
so on.  Files may be FTP'ed from ISIB by logging in to FTP with user
name ANONYMOUS, password GUEST.

INFO-PC will also be a repository for (free) software such as members
of the forum may feel inclined to donate.  To start things off, there
are two programs in the library:

Info-PC Program Library
-----------------------

VT52.BAS      VT52 terminal emulator.  Requires 96K, IBM Async. Comm.
              Support, BASIC. (Gillmann@ECL, 8/2/82).

FILEHEX.ASM   Dumps diskette files in hex.  Requires assembler.
              (Gillmann@ECL, 8/2/82).

A list of the current program library is maintained in the file
[ISIB]<INFO-PC>PROGRAM-LIBRARY.LIST.  To donate a program, send a
message containing a description of the program and a copy of the
source code to INFO-PC.

I want to welcome everyone to the forum.  I've had my IBM Personal
Computer since March and I'm still happy with it.  The large address
space of the 8088 opens up a world of possibilities for more powerful
software than 8-bit micros can handle.  I'm typing this message on
my PC using my new assembly language terminal emulator (successor to
the program in the INFO-PC library).  I'd be interested in hearing
of peoples' experience with hooking the PC to the ARPANET.

/Dick Gillmann (GILLMANN at USC-ECL)