[net.micro.pc] ++ing a float

mas@ecsvax.UUCP (10/22/83)

From: mcnc!unc!duke!sdyer@bbncca.ARPA (Steve Dyer) Fri Oct  7 15:02:07 1983
(bbncca.163) net.micro.pc : Re: Computer Innovations C
The prefix and postfix operators '++' and '--' have NEVER worked upon
float or double operands in any UNIX C compiler that I have used.
(I even think you could quote chapter and verse from K&R.)

If this is the only problem with CI-C86, then I'd have no complaints.

/Steve Dyer
decvax!genrad!wjh12!bbncca!sdyer
...!ima!bbncca!sdyer

If you turn to page 16 of K&R you will find an example where they
++ a double.  Also on page 187 of K&R in the C reference manual
section 7.2 Unary operators paragraph #5 there is a discussion
of ++ing any lvalue.
Just thought I would quote you chapter and verse although it really is
not that big of a deal.
mas
decvax!mcnc!ecsvax!mas