[net.micro.pc] Fortran Compiler

"Gaffney%CCC"@LLL-MFE.ARPA (05/02/83)

Relay-Version:version B 3/9/83; site harpo.UUCP
Date:Mon, 2-May-83 07:18:00 EDT

We have Version 1.0 of the IBM FORTRAN compiler for the PC with some
additional patches that our local Computerland store obtained last
week.  The patches don't buy you much because all the old problems
with the compiler are still there.  Has anyone heard when Version 3.0,
which is supposed to be ready from Microsoft now, will be released by
IBM?

Also we are having problems creating a library of programs using the
compiler.  It appears that there is no provision for creating such a
beast.  Plenty of info. on how to link user libraries but none on
creation.

Has anyone any experience with Supersoft's FORTRAN compiler which is
now available for DOS?

bergen@dadlac.UUCP (Alan Bergen) (05/18/84)

I recently requested information about a Fortran compiler which
would run on a Victor 9000.  Since the response was underwhelming,
I thought I'd try again.  Any recommendations regarding IBM-pc
compatible compilers would be welcome, since the 9000 is pc
compatible.  Only the disk formats are different.