[net.micro.pc] [shields@nyu-cmcl2

Info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA (08/05/84)

From:  Info-IBMPC Digest <Info-IBMPC@USC-ISIB.ARPA>

Date: Thu, 2 Aug 84 09:33:39 edt
From: shields@nyu-cmcl2 (David Shields)
To: info-ibmpc@usc-isib
Subject: Keytronics keyboards

The 5150 has a lighter touch than the standard IBM PC keyboard and doesn't
click. It also has the SHIFT and RETURN keys in a more conventional location.
I have used a 5150 for well over a year with no problems. The 5151 has
the function keys on the top and also has a separate cursor keypad
between the alphabet keys and the regular cursor/numeric keypad. I have
only used a 5151 briefly, at the PC Expo in NY in June. I found the
ALT and CTRL keys to be a bit out of place. I think order is
	CTRL SHIFT-LOCK  A
	ALT    SHIFT      Z
(Take a magnifying glass to one of the many Keytronics ads in PC
magazines to verify this layout).
I found that an annoying place for the SHIFT-LOCK, and said so to the
Keytronics person at the booth. He said they weren't sure about the
placement - perhaps they will change it.  I purchased my 5150 from Qubie.
-------