[net.micro.pc] PC Network

seung@ut-ngp.ARPA (07/06/84)

Do any of you out there have experience with an outfit called
PC Network?  It advertises in PC Magazine, asking for a
small membership fee.  In return, it offers the best prices
I've ever seen (8% above wholesale, according to the ad).
Send responses to me (seung@ut-ngp.ARPA), and I'll summarize
for the net.
                               Sebastian

seung@ut-ngp.ARPA (08/21/84)

A while back I sent in a query about an outfit called PC Network.  I
only got two responses:

>From: Paul McNabb <pam@Purdue.ARPA>
>
>SUMMARY: PC Network is a good deal for most items but be sure to shop around
>a bit too.  Don't rely on immediate delivery from them and make sure you keep
>their 800 number available for when orders are several weeks overdue.  Don't
>mess with the software rental fees -  they aren't worth the money unless you
>plan to steal what you say you won't.  If I were grading them, they'd get a B+.
>From: cbosgd!mark@Berkeley (Mark Horton)
>
>I belong to PC Network.  It's a good deal.  Here are the disadvantages:
>
>(1) There is a 2 week delay on everything - you order from them, then
>    they order it from the mfr.  You might not want to wait.
>(2) Their prices are not always lowest . . .
>(3) I joined 2.5 months ago and am still waiting for my catalog.
> . . .
>For only 8 bucks, it's worth it - you'll probably save that much on
>your first purchase alone.

Well, I joined also, since both replies were favorable.  My only purchase
so far was 30 floppies, which I got within a week.  They were some obscure
brand, but the invoice says "lifetime warranty."  This place sells
everything at 8% above wholesale.  Macintosh stuff too.  Check it out.