[net.micro.pc] Terminal Programs

smithd@unc.UUCP (Dana L. Smith) (11/30/84)

Can anyone tell me if there are any public-domain terminal programs available
for the PC that speak either MODEM7 or KERMIT protocols? If so, how can
I get a copy?

Thanks in advance,

Dana L. Smith
(smithd@unc)

louie@umd5.UUCP (12/14/84)

In article <147@unc.UUCP> smithd@unc.UUCP (Dana L. Smith) writes:
>Can anyone tell me if there are any public-domain terminal programs available
>for the PC that speak either MODEM7 or KERMIT protocols? If so, how can
>I get a copy?
There is, of course, the PC version of KERMIT which has a good terminal
emulator built into it.  You should be able to get it from Columbia.
--

Louis A. Mamakos
Computer Science Center - Systems Programming

Internet: louie@umd5.arpa
UUCP: ..!seismo!cvl!umd5!louie

david@ukma.UUCP (David Herron, NPR Lover) (12/18/84)

For the UMPTEENTH time!

	Both Xmodem (MODEM7) and KERMIT are Public Domain.
Your local PC bulletin board will be able to give you a MODEM7 program
which will run on a PC.  okstate! has a complete archive of the KERMIT
programs and documentation, etc.  (Their announcement went out a couple
of weeks ago, I don;t remember the newsgroup).  You can call there and
transfer stuff off.  Or if you are on Arpa-Net, some system at Columbia
(don't remember the name, is it CU20B now?) has the sources on line there.
SIMTEL-20 also has bunches of PC stuff archived there.

tony@ur-cvsvax.UUCP (Tony Movshon) (12/31/84)

> 	Both Xmodem (MODEM7) and KERMIT are Public Domain.
> Your local PC bulletin board will be able to give you a MODEM7 program
> which will run on a PC.  okstate! has a complete archive of the KERMIT
> programs and documentation, etc.  (Their announcement went out a couple
> of weeks ago, I don;t remember the newsgroup).  You can call there and
> transfer stuff off.  Or if you are on Arpa-Net, some system at Columbia
> (don't remember the name, is it CU20B now?) has the sources on line there.
> SIMTEL-20 also has bunches of PC stuff archived there.

1. Kermit is not public-domain, but it may be freely copied.

2. The columbia system with Kermit is indeed CU20B. There is also a large
   Kermit area on SU-SCORE.

3. Another source of public-domain comm (and other) stuff is DEC-MARLBORO.
   You can call at 617 467-7437. Login by typing "LOG LCG.KERMIT KERMIT";
   the second "KERMIT" is the password and will not echo. This system also
   has lots of Kermits.

	Tony Movshon

	arpa:	hipl!tony@nyu-cmcl2
	uucp:	{seismo|ihnp4|allegra}!cmcl2!hipl!tony