[net.micro.pc] IBM Fortran and Pascal on PC AT

pier@ur-univax.UUCP (04/27/85)

I have been using IBM Fortran and Pascal compilers on an XT and have just
switched to an AT. I had (well almost) no problem on the XT but can't get
either compiler to run on the AT. On loading either program I get the
error message "Compiler out of memory", which does not make any sense since
I have more memory on the AT than on the XT.

I am tempted to believe that the compilers do not recognize the AT properly
or something of that kind. I am using version 1.0 for both compilers.
I 'd rather get a patch rather than buy a newer version (too costly).

Does anybody know of such a patch? After all I am not sure that a would do the trick.

Any help appreciated.

                                Pierre Darmon

advisor@utcs.UUCP (Jim Lemke) (04/29/85)

In article <1200013@ur-univax.UUCP> pier@ur-univax.UUCP writes:

>I have been using IBM Fortran and Pascal compilers on an XT and have just
>switched to an AT. I had (well almost) no problem on the XT but can't get
>either compiler to run on the AT. On loading either program I get the
>error message "Compiler out of memory", which does not make any sense since
>I have more memory on the AT than on the XT.

[]
I had a similar problem with IBM Fortran 1.0 on a PC/XT that was configured
with the maximum possible memory (640k?).  Any IBM Product Centre or
authorized dealer should be able to update your 1.0 diskettes.  I had this
done to my Fortran (no charge) and it solved the "out of memory" problem.
Note that this update is only a set of patches and does not give you
a later version.

     Jim Lemke

tj@utcs.UUCP (tj) (05/02/85)

I am not sure about this, but I think it might have to do with the on board
switch settings. Most programs don't look at them, some do. Make sure that
the switch settings correctly reflect the amount of memory you have. I do
not have an AT but heard something to this effect at IBM SHARE in LA in Feb.
t.jones