[net.micro.pc] too little memory

stever@tektronix.UUCP (Steven D. Rogers) (07/30/85)

It is incredible to me that the "too little memory" bug is
still with us, especially on a new machine like the 6300.
I came across that bug in WSINSTALL almost two years ago
when Worstar (oops!--a freudian slip; actually I have not
found anything else that I dislike less to make me change.
If Micropro would just do something about screen I/O so
I could use my mouse, instead of coming out with all these
 3.3 first came out.ther packages, I would be happy).

It is absurd for users to have to use debug to patch this
bug after all this time.

(steve)n d. rogers
tektronix!stever

mojo@kepler.UUCP (Morris Jones) (08/03/85)

In article <5554@tektronix.UUCP> stever@tektronix.UUCP (Steven D. Rogers) writes:
>It is incredible to me that the "too little memory" bug is
>still with us, especially on a new machine like the 6300.
>I came across that bug in WSINSTALL almost two years ago

The bug has long since been patched in the shipped product.  Many people
come across it because they have older shipped disks, and added memory to
their machine recently.  If you use a ram disk or drivers that eat up
128K of memory, you wouldn't have encountered the problem either.

Not so incredible at all.

Mojo
MicroPro Product Development
{dual,ptsfa,hplabs}!well!micropro!kepler!mojo