[net.micro.pc] Second Hard drive on At

farber@rochester.UUCP (08/14/85)

From: Dave Farber <farber>

I am installing a second hard drive on an AT. It is a CMI 32mergabyte drive.
Should I remove the terminating rister pack or should I not.

Dave

johnl@ima.UUCP (08/16/85)

/* Written  7:57 pm  Aug 13, 1985 by farber@rochester in ima:net.micro.pc */
> I am installing a second hard drive on an AT. It is a CMI 32mergabyte drive.
> Should I remove the terminating resistor pack or should I not.

Read the "Installation and Setup" manual that came with your AT.  It has
detailed instructions for installing a second drive.  In particular, page 3-84
says that you do indeed remove the resistor pack from the second drive.  Also,
it tells you where they hid the extra mounting clip.

It practically goes without saying that you shouldn't put any data on a CMI
disk that you'd mind losing.  And use the SHUTDOWN program from the diagnostics
disk to park the heads every single time you turn your computer off.  It helps
some.

John Levine, ima!johnl