[net.micro.pc] Wanted: Include message patch for MS-DOS Turbo Pascal

krausej@stolaf.UUCP (James J. Krause) (10/10/85)

Dave Beyerl (ihuxk!db21) writes:

> ...an article was posted that described a
> patch to the CP/M versions of Turbo Pascal for bypassing the
> include messages prompt....  I was
> wondering if anyone has determined if MS-DOS Turbo Pascal, ver 3,
> can be patched in similar fashion....

Yep.  I've got the patches for verions 2.0 and 3.0:

(XXXX stands for 4 hex digits, whose actual value is not of importance.)

Turbo Pascal Version 2.0
------------------------

A>DEBUG TURBO.COM
-A 29ED
XXXX:29ED MOV BYTE PTR [023D],0B
XXXX:29F2 NOP
XXXX:29F3 NOP
XXXX:29F4 NOP
XXXX:29F5 <ENTER>
-W
-Q

Turbo Pascal Version 3.0
------------------------

A>DEBUG TURBO.COM
-A 2EB7
XXXX:2EB7 MOV BYTE PTR [0348],0B
XXXX:2EBC NOP
XXXX:2EBD NOP
XXXX:2EBE NOP
XXXX:2EBF <ENTER>
-W
-Q

Note that these patches will always _include_ the error messages file.
I'm not sure of the alterations required to _not_ include them.
I've double- and triple-checked for typos, but of course, don't do this
to your only copy of Turbo.  I've used the patch for version 3 on the
PC-DOS & Compat. release of Turbo, and it works; I haven't had the
occasion to try out the v. 2 patch, but it's from the same source
(PC Magazine, August 6, 1985, p. 217).

				James
			(...!ihnp4!stolaf!krausej)