[net.micro.pc] Looking for a MacDraw type package for IBM PC

andrewe@cca.UUCP (Andrew Eisenberg) (11/11/85)

I've enjoyed using MacDraw tremendously in the past, and am now searching
for a similar package on the IBM PC. I've got access to both a Hercules
and IBM color/EGA card. Support of a the HP LaserJet would be nice.

Through looking at advertisements I've found the following possibilities:

		Dr. Halo	by Media Cybernetics
		PC-DRAW		by Micrografx
		DIAGRAM-MASTER	by Decision Resources

I'd appreciate comments anyone might have on these, or suggestions of
other products I should check out.
--
			     Andrew J. Eisenberg

Usenet:   ...!ihnp4!ima!cca!andrewe       Computer Corporation of America
Arpa:     andrewe@cca                     4 Cambridge Center
Tel:      (617)-492-8860		  Cambridge, Ma   02142

ral@pyuxqq.UUCP (R A Levenberg) (11/15/85)

GEM, from Digital Research Incorporated, provides a MacPaint-like
capability.

--
U. S. Mail:	Ron Levenberg
		Bell Communications Research

UUCP:		..!{ihnp4,allegra}!pyuxqq!ral
Voice:		(201) 981-6178

broehl@watdcsu.UUCP (Bernie Roehl) (11/15/85)

In article <778@pyuxqq.UUCP> ral@pyuxqq.UUCP (R A Levenberg) writes:
>GEM, from Digital Research Incorporated, provides a MacPaint-like
>capability.

This is true.  However, it's not what the person was looking for; they
wanted a MacDraw type package, not MacPaint.

However, if they *did* want a MacPaint-alike package for their PC, there
is (in addition to GEM's paint program) PC Paintbrush and PC Paint (*not*
the same product!).  I've used PC Paintbrush, and it's very nice.  Haven't
used PC Paint, but friends have and they say equally good things about it.

Needless to say, I'm not affiliated with anybody who sells a paint program
(if I were, I'd be pushing theirs!)

tomm@asgb.UUCP (Tom Mackey) (11/19/85)

You might check out GEM-DRAW and GEM-PAINT by Digital Research Inc., and
PC-PAINT by Mouse Systems.

Tom Mackey   				   ihnp4!sabre!\
					hplabs!sdcrdcf!-bmcg!asgb!tomm
		    { ihnp4, ucbvax, allegra }!sdcsvax!/
Burroughs Distributed Systems Group 		     Boulder, Colorado